Thursday, December 29, 2005

Strive for Success

"Greenview Greenview
Hand in hand
We'll strive for success
A better future
For you and me"

This is what i use to hear 8 yrs ago, for 4yrs, every tuesday. We, my friends, peers and i used to laugh at the 'childishly-tuned' school song.
But boy, how i missed it now.
Give me that tune again, i will sing it out loud proudly for you.

For Greenview Sec, is where i hold most of my memories. Good and bad. Where i had part of my life lessons learnt, the hardway.
Where I lost and gain friends - friendship that are for life.

My first pickup line "wo ke yi ren shi ni ma"?, my first number exchanged.
My first pager - 95424338 (haha, u can try paging me now.)
My first friend made in a strange place. Everyone was so lost.

The ah lians hated me. I dont know why.
Xialan, they say. ???

My first stare. DIAO SI MI DIAO!? I dont even know what is "diao" at that time lor.
Puh-lease.
My first slap, my first 'chuey tai ji'.
My first toilet-fight, almost. Heng ar.

It was then i first realise what friends are for.

Later on, i had my first to say 'DIAO SI MI DIAO?!'.

My first crush, it keeps accumalting since then.
My first 'stead', my first cry.
My first heartache, leaving me too shattered. I thought i will nv be able to love again. All guys are jerks.
My first kiss, my first *ahem, u know what*.

My first time handling 7 subjects at a go, my first test failed, my first exam failed.
My first dropped-out subject, i hated POA.

POA, holds my first ever record breaking mark in class - 4/100. Smart.

I had my first touch on Ionic Bonding, Covalent compounds,
POTASSIUM, SODIUM, MAGNESIUM, FE2CO3,
They, my new toy, made me cringe. Till now.

My first made-ms-seah-cry-in-the-classroom,
My first right-in-front-of-mr-poh-ah-long's-and-tan-peh-hock's-nose cheating experience. It wasnt me alone, the whole class did it too.
My first class skipped, my first pon-tang school.

My first $2.50 a day pocket money, always wasnt enough. Vv had to blan-ja me.
I like stall no.3's mee soto. Uncle Steven's drink stall.

My first ECA, choir. I love my girls, and we were best sistas ever since. My first performance. My first NDP'99 performance. It ended up hurting most of us. Sep said 'we should have listen to Amy Tan, to stay away from the army guys.'

My first peeing session in the block with Sep, while Vv 'watch water'.

My first talent night, A go-go girls!
We've came in 2nd! =)

My first issue with the Principal, Mr Pika-Chew.
Ok, Andrew Chew. Issues over my 'ex-stead' and results.
That wasnt the ending, the discipline master, Mr Ho likes me alot too.
I kept having, not issues, but subscriptions with him.

My first 'june, come here, take off all your earrings, bangles, anklets',
'Im gona send you girls to the salon to have your hair dye black',
'Wipe off your makeup',
'Your ring',
'Unpick your skirt, NOW!',
'Write 1000 lines, I-Will-Not-xxxxxx' for me and i want it written by tomorrow,
'Wheres your badge, june?'.
'No coloured bra allowed, girls',
'You again, im gona EXPEL you!'
'June Chia, June Chia of 4e5. Report to the office right now' - EVERYDAY during silent reading time.

The ultimate, ' i want you both to shave off your nail polish in 10 mins time'.
How to shave off nail polish sial?

My first 'love' letter, obviously a prank.
First stalking our crushes, going ga-ga over them, 'passby' their class room while going to the 'toilet'. Taking the same bus as them, at the same time. 6.45am.
Even to that extend of getting the same colour Outdoor bag as theirs. Ive got white, sep got red, Vv got yellow.
Wrote his-es and our names on our tables, swearing on our undying love for him-es.

"Rahman loves me".

1-177155-4, 512-1314-3344-7374-9394.

My first 12 panadole with Coke, and Marlboro Menthol Light, mentos mint, at 6.30am, scare Sep to hell. I puked the whole day.
My first wrist slashed.
Monkey see, monkey do - Sep, she was even hiong then me.
My first rumour of myself hit me hard. Soon, my world came crashing down. It was my first to develop mild depression. Sep was there, held my hands and walk through the battle with me.

My first enemy made.
Ironically, we became best of friends at the later part.
And more ironically, my first friend met, we, best friends became strangers, again.

I first understood-ed and saw what true friends really are.

My first urine-taste-like E-33. Then came Strongbow, Vodka, whatever alcoholic drink/mixer we could get our hands on, in the mini-mart.
My first whisky in art-class. I turned red n got high.
My first 3 pratas at one go...Ant had 4 i think.
Our first honey-chicken eating session in the middle of English period.

My first major 'O's,
'O' levels. 6 sub. I passed all!
My first math & sc exam passed!
My first graduation ceremony. I miss my peers, friends, teachers.
My crushes too. Hee. =P

My first life-turning decision made.
LaSalle-SIA.

Had so many my first in GVSS, how can i ever forget this wondeful school?
While some of us would rather forget that we ever studied there, there is no doubt that the school has given us a sound education both in mind and body. Life long learning skills.
I dont think there is anyone whom can touch their heart and say that they have no recollection whatsoever of their friends and teachers in Greenview.

A young school, full with gangsters, ah lians, ah bengs, having gang fight in school during every schooldays. Police cars petroling, parking outside, sometimes inside the school compound every single day.

We even had a temp police koisk right outside the school.
How cool was that?
Rem that infamous school riot we had, between the malays and chinese, that shook the whole GVSS.
Astortion, threatening, caught pupils making out in a block, murdering, hitting teachers, u name it, we've got it.

Who would believe a school like this, is now a SAA Academic Value-added school? (But only after my batch has left, duh!) I have to admit, thanks to Mr Chew.

I love Greenview, and am gona take this part of memory through out my life.

I am proud to be a Greenviewan. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home